Tuesday 15 January 2013

Make, Do and Mend. Frugal living. (And then an expensive want list, oops!)

Something I really need to start implementing, more than I already do.


Having money troubles at the moment, need to take a good hard look at ourselves and start being a little more frugal. I'm actually quite good at finances but we've just been hit with a broken down car ($2500 to fix, minimum! And we have $4000 to pay off it still too!) And we need (want) to buy a new TV because we are currently using an old computer monitor and once they switch us over to Digital TV for good in April we will no longer get any TV channels, we're currently only getting the Analogue ones anyway which means we only get about 4 channels, no ABC kids or anything! Plus all our bills are bound to be due soon and the cost of living can just be CRAP sometimes so we're paring it back, and going budget! (The Men don't know about this yet, but I think they will agree with me! I am the Boss after all!)

In other news, I haven't been doing much besides baking, sorting and crafting lately. I found a scrummy, super easy cake recipe in a cooking magazine.. But unfortunately the weather is so damn hot it melted my icing everywhere, so no photo's today! It still tastes good though! OH and guess what else! Sexy Man and I went to the city on the weekend for a gander, and I didn't know that PERTH HAS A LUSH STORE! I'm not sure if I'm just really behind on the times or it actually is new, either way I was quite stoked, now I just need to get some time to have a bath! 

WANTING


A pair of Hunter Wellies. Completely useless in Perth of course because we never get any rain, but I wish we could have wintery weather just so I could have a pair of these babies. (Aren't winter clothes just so much better than summer ones?!)


A beer, or ten. Oh what I wouldn't give for an icy cold beer right now. IT'S KILLING ME!


Some new Inca wool to make myself a snuggly cowl for winter. (There's that word again!) Not too sure what colour I want to get yet, perhaps a Pinky-Beige..


Composition books. WHY can't they sell them in Aus?! I don't want to pay 20 bucks postage for a damn exercise book!

Essie's Tart Deco nail polish. I recently bought my first Essie polish and fell in LOVE! They are amazing. I want.

And a couple more entertaining pics, just cause I love em:



I love this picture of Iggy in a dress, there is actually a set of them, but this one just happened to be on my computer, (convenience!) I love Iggy. 


It's my best friends birthday soon, and another friend suggested we dress up as Sailor Scouts. I told her I didn't think there was a pregnant one and then ANOTHER friend linked me this pic.
SO GOOD!



No comments:

Post a Comment