Saturday 20 December 2014

Christmas DIY's.

I'm all for Christmas DIY's (obviously), over the years I've made truffles, crocheted baubles, stubby holders, and all sorts of kooky and fabulous bits and pieces for the wonderful people in my life.

This year I've been lazy (okay, MOST years I am lazy, then absolutely frantic on Christmas eve trying to finish off six half-done crochet presents and pulling my hair out) but this year I have been SUPER lazy, and I find myself with less than a week until Christmas and pretty much absolutely nothing done. I headed down to my local Kmart and picked up a few of their Preserving Jars for $2 and have filled them with some ingredients for sweet, delicious cakes, added some pretty tags with instructions for baking ("Date & Banana Bread" and "Orange & Sultana Loaf") YUMMO! Then I topped them off with some pretty wrapping paper that I picked up from Big W and voila, instant DIY Christmas, minimal effort required!

I apologise if my photo's are really crappy quality, with this dodgy computer monitor I can't tell what the colouring is like in my pictures AT ALL! Sad, sad times.


Another DIY that I am SUPER proud of isn't even one of mine, my Bestie sent me a fabulous photo frame that she made for my family and I LOVE IT. She's basically the opposite of crafty so the fact that she even went to the effort just warms my cockles!

HELLO! Amazing present from my beautiful best friend!

Another thing we (okay - I) really need to get on to is the Christmas Baking, the kids have made this years Christmas Cake with Ma (as is tradition) but I am way behind on all that I add to the mix, eek! And tomorrow is the day that we are going to have a "half-christmas" as my eldest is going to Darwin with his Dad for Christmas and I didn't want him to miss out. We received a lovely old Christmas Bikkie book with some cutters from a lady that I used to work with, her children are all in their 30's now so she said we would be much more likely to use it - lucky us!

Umm, super cute!

And finally, for good measure, here is a picture of my boys pretending to be presents! (This year I'm not putting the presents under the tree until Christmas eve - I'm not having a repeat of last year!)

"Look Mum, I'm a present!"



No comments:

Post a Comment