Monday 9 March 2015

Cold Brew Coffee, new iPhone's and Park hangs.

I've been living easy for the last few weeks, trying to live simply and in the moment. I've been having a few issues with anxiety lately so I thought it was time to sit back and take stock of the things that are important to me, and try to work through some stuff that I have going on. I've been spending lots of time with my family, hanging out at the park and at home, giving my boys lots of cuddles and re-connecting with Hubby (life really does get in the way of intimacy sometimes doesn't it?!). We're also expecting a few visitors in the next few weeks so I've been getting our little granny flat all prepared and ready for guests, I love having people to stay, it always makes our home feel so much warmer than it is already, and the magical thing about having a granny flat is that visitors also get their own space so they don't feel so imposing! (Of course, majority of the time is expected to be spent with us - the kids wouldn't have it any other way!)

I've been really loving Cold Brew coffee lately, (or cold-press, whichev floats ya boat!) It's fantastically easy and tastes absolutely amazing. all you have to do is soak coarsely ground up beans (I use espresso ones) in cold water for around 12 hours, filter out the grounds (I use a nut milk bag - super simple) and then pour over ice, dilute and serve! There are heaps of tutorials on how to do it properly if you are interested, and really there is no "wrong" way to do it, as everyone's tastes are a little different. I really enjoy it though because there is no need for sugar, which commercial iced coffee's absolutely pack into their stuff. For someone who is watching (or at least trying to) her weight, it's a god send! Especially because it's too damn hot to have a normal cuppa!!

I've been researching printers lately. I'd like to buy a reasonably good one, especially since Big Man has started school (I do realise he won't need one for years, but it's something I've taken into consideration anyway) One thing that really irks me though is the sheer amount of different products that are available to us these days! Life would be so much simpler if there was only one or two to choose from, as if I'm not indecisive enough already! It's the same story with the camera that I want (as in - I don't even know what I want, except that I want a DSLR) I have gotten a new phone recently though! It was SO needed, my camera on my old one was absolutely horrid, I am loving my new one!

Cold brew, my *new* iPhone and some dappled sunlight. Heaven.

Life can be nice. I just need to take the time to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment