Friday 2 January 2015

2015!

I'm a little late to the party, but I spent yesterday basically lying on the couch in the company of my amazing family recovering from the NYE festivities from the night before!

Happy 2015 to all you lovely people out there! I'm going to go a little clichéd and tell you all my New Years Resolutions, so bear with me for a moment.

In 2015, I am going to read more. This one is important to me. I already read a lot, but I've found that I have no real direction with my reading. I want to find new and engrossing books, I want to re-read old classics with the same vim and vigour that I used to. I want to re-enter different universes and live a thousand different lives. I'm feeling stale, I will admit, I'm stuck reading Game of Thrones at the moment. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't start any new books until I've finished A Dance with Dragons but I have to admit, they're so fucking boring! For books that are full of bloodshed and medieval morals (two thing's I'm extremely partial to) I really, really struggle with the poor writing style. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not a writer, nor a book critic - but for one of my favourite genres I was supremely disappointed in how lacking they are!) SO, I'm going to bang that last 100 pages out and then dive right in to something new. Any recommendations!?


This graphic sums up everything my 2015 is going to be. Happy days, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment