Friday 6 February 2015

Summer Laziness.

Ahh the bliss of a slow and lazy summer. I'm not really a fan of the hot weather, but I do enjoy the long days of reading and playing with the kids. My oldest boy has recently started Kinder, and boy -  is it quiet without him home all the time! I've actually had time to mop my floors! Crazy right?! That NEVER happens (don't judge me - every time I start the kids decide they have to get in on the action!)

But back to laziness - we had such an awesome summer of long, hot nights, picnics in the backyard, trips to the beach and all of the good things that come with the warmer weather. The kids have absolutely loved the pool this season. They are both little fish now! The ONLY gripe I've had with summer this year is that we all had food poisoning on Australia Day. Not fun, not fun at all!

I am looking forward to some cooler weather though, I must admit. There have been a lot of fires in Australia this season and it always makes me feel awful to think that people can lose their entire homes in the blink of an eye. Cooler weather also means I can start making jams again. YUM. I can't remember if I already said I got some new jam jars for Christmas but I'm pretty excited to make some delicious concoctions. I will post some recipes for you guys as I make them.

We are still (trying) saving money for our wedding. I recently made a trip to the block we are having it at - it's super exciting to start plotting and planning where everything is going. I will need to start cake trials soon so I'm sure everyone is going to enjoy eating wedding cake for the next few months! I finally got our Save the Dates done (granted - they haven't all been sent out yet! Eek!) and I've been slowly working on the decorations. It's going to be super fun! I can't believe we are already in February though. It's absolutely FLYING. I've been doing some Valentine craft this week too - a little crochet brooch for my sexy, sexy husband. It's not quite finished but I'll make sure I snap a pic to show all you guys!

I'm getting very frustrated at my iPod at the moment, so I'm off to try and fix the bloody thing! Kisses for all my pretties!

No comments:

Post a Comment