Wednesday 10 September 2014

Shop your Wardrobe (or Floordrobe in my case!)

SO, it's really no secret that I have an affinity for shopping. It really doesn't matter what I'm shopping for, I just love to do it, but with the prospect of our wedding looming, (hello, expensive wedding dress!) teamed with the fact that mortgages are NOT so fun, I've been trying to cut back on the unnecessary spending (working in varying degrees, I am a professional at convincing myself that something is indeed necessary) oops! So I've decided to do the old "Shop your Wardrobe" and hunt in the dim recesses for long forgotten clothing items (probably still with tags on!) and every time I feel the urge to spend, calculate roughly how much I would have spent and put it away in our savings account instead. I figure if I document my adventures on here, then I'm more likely to stick with it as I'm publicly accountable.

SO to conclude, today marks my first day of NO UNNECESSARY SPENDING, wish me luck! I'm sure as hell going to need it! (Disclaimer, I have one package from ASOS on the way in the next week - that doesn't count!) Now I'm off, to go and dig in the floordrobe for something delightful to wear today!

No comments:

Post a Comment