Thursday 6 December 2012

Obligatory First Post

Obligatory First Post 


Well I guess everyone's got to start somewhere right?
I feel a little odd, I'm not entirely sure what I should be writing, and I realise that most (read: ALL) of this blog will probably be boring as bat-poop to everyone but me, but that's what a blog is for right? Indulging in our own narcissistic fantasies. Cause hey, the universe revolves around me! (Just like yours revolves around YOU!)

So I guess I'm required to say a little bit about myself yes? I'm Hannah, (pleased to meet you, everyone!) and I'm a 23 year old Aussie Mum. (No, I don't work.. Please get your unemployed jokes/condescending comments out of the way now please!) You'd be surprised how often Stay-at-Home Mums get looked down on these days. I CHOSE not to have a career, because I don't want to miss out on anything while my kids are young. (A two year old and another on the way, in case you were wondering.) Once my kids are at school, and out of the house, YES I will go back to work. (I'm not a bum, after all!) 

I like my craft. I may not be very good at it (practise makes perfect) but I'm slowly getting there. And it's something I enjoy, so why the hell not. Crochet is my fave. I learnt how to crochet when I was a little girl (thanks Nana!) but I only picked it up again for realsies about 3 years ago, (wanted to make a baby blanket while I was pregnant with my little boy, its still unfinished. HA!) It's a bit of an ongoing joke among my friends how I never see anything through, but in the last year I've finished countless projects, (take THAT, friends!) I guess it comes from having more time on my hands, even though I have a terrible-toddler. I actually can't complain, he really is a little angel for the most part, compared to some of the kids I've met! 

I'm addicted to shopping, (along with every other lady on the planet, am I right girls?) But get this, I'm so addicted that I'm currently buying clothes for me to wear AFTER my pregnancy, because I sure as heck won't be fitting in to them now! (I'm only 17 weeks, but I'm already HUGE - second time around you certainly pop a lot earlier!) Side note, I really hate being pregnant. I KNOW it's worth it in the end, but to all those ladies who absolutely love being pregnant/feel so amazing and sexy while they are pregnant, no offence, but YOU CRAZY! There is nothing sexy about a whale tummy that doesn't fit in to any nice clothes, feeling ill all the time, and having the temper of... well, I can't even think of anything short-tempered enough to compare myself to. 

Anyway, I know I've waffled on about absolutely nothing important at all, but I need to go and see what my extremely quiet child and dog are up too. (It's never anything good when they are quiet - is it?) Next post I will hopefully figure out how to add some photo's and jazz it up a bit (I might even have something important to say! Who am I kidding.)

Until next time; Live long and Prosper. (Not really a Star Trek fan peeps.)

hanzBANANA

1 comment: