Monday 10 December 2012

Weekend Antics

Phew. It's hot! I haven't even opened my curtains today and I can still feel the heat penetrating through, I don't want to turn my air-con on though cause I don't particularly want my electricity bills through the roof just yet! First world problem, I guess! (Another one is that it really, truly is too hot for me to enjoy a cup of tea, slightly devastating!)

I've set Child up outside under the patio with his chalk and chalkboard, and a lovely loud whistle so he can whistle away to his hearts content.. (Might even be loud enough to wake up his lazy Uncle!) And today my plans are to do as much washing as I can! (May as well utilise this super hot sun - don't fade anything please!) Gotta wash the picnic blanket cause it got a bit filthy over the weekend, we went down to a little lake/pond thing and sat under a few trees, it was lovely and relaxing actually! There were ducks (and teenage ducks! In between fully grown and ducklings, they were ADORABLE!) and Ibis's and all sorts of water birds, and we enjoyed a lunch of crackers, cabanossi, cheese and olives, (amongst other things, those are my fave though.) Little Man had fun trying to sneak up on the wildlife and Big Man relaxed and read. It was BLISS.


Then it got really hot, so we decided to come home and watch NCIS, which is pretty much what we did for the rest of the weekend! It's super duper addictive! (And Gibbs reminds me of my Dad, which is actually really funny, because my Dad hates him!)

My crafty project at the moment is a Crocheted Popcorn bag, I'm halfway through, but it's my first time doing any popcorn crochet and I didn't realise how time consuming it is! It's going to look pretty damn good once it's finished though! I got the pattern out of the Panda book; Crochet Modern Vintage (Love, love, LOVE it! So many awesome patterns!)


This is one side completed.. And I've done about two popcorn rows on the second side, I do apologise for the poor quality photo.. I had to turn the flash off because it was reflecting on the handles and it looked terrible, Haha! I also have a couple of other little projects at the moment, but this is the one I'm most excited about, so Happy Monday everyone! I'm off to hang out the next load of washing!

hanzBANANA

No comments:

Post a Comment