Wednesday 20 August 2014

Being Busy.

Gosh life gets busy sometimes doesn't it?! We've had a whole household of sickkies the last few weeks, finally seems like everyone except the little one are finally over it! (Little one keeps coughing so hard he vomits everywhere - yum!) So it feels like we've been super busy and I haven't had time for ANYTHING lately. Seriously, you only need to see the state of my house to know that I'm telling the truth! HA.

In reality though, I have been doing some bits and pieces around the house (this also includes reading Home Beautiful magazines and trawling Pinterest for new home ideas!) I've just cleaned out my bookcases AND cleaned my desk, this is amazing stuff people! I am the most disorganised person on the planet, my desk is usually complete chaos, and now it's all sparkling and clean. I don't even know who I am any more. Now all I need to do is find somewhere to put my ten thousand cookbooks. Ha. I've also decided that I'm no longer going to buy books, unless they are books that I've REALLY enjoyed, because I don't often re-read them any more, I barely have the time to read NEW books let alone read my old ones! So I've re-joined the library, even though I still have old library books on my bookshelf from 2006. They were actually really good about it, after all those years my overdue fine was only $35, which I'm happy to pay, but they said if I return the books they will waive the fee, I guess they're just happy to have more people using the library! I'm excited because I think the kids will really enjoy it too. Carter loves books, and with Lucas starting school next year I can see him slowly getting more interested in learning new things. Perhaps that's where my time has gone.. I've read two books in 3 days as well! Everyone needs some time out occasionally - right?! And I figure that reading books is a more fulfilling past time than shopping, which is my usual go-to. I've also started painting again (just quietly) but that's something that I have to do when the kids are in bed or else it turns into their fun time and not mine! (Speaking of painting, I seem to have misplaced my paints for my wedding invitations whilst cleaning my desk - oops!)

So unfortunately I don't even get fifteen minutes to myself to bang out a decent blog post, and I need to go and deal with some wayward children. I'll leave you with a couple of happy snaps of our past few days!

Someone fell asleep, how he was comfortable I have no idea!

At least he's happy enough to pull funny faces even when he's ill though!

Where is that Green Sheep?! Who cares when there's baby feet!

Sunny days make everyone feel like they're on the mend don't they?!

And if sunny days don't, homemade frozen yoghurts will!

But when all else fails, Milk.

I hope your past few days have been better than ours! I'm motivated to feel motivated again! (Is that even a thing? It is now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment