Sunday 24 August 2014

Happiness.

I have a "Happy Book."

It started out as a Gratitude Journal but I found that most days I was grateful for the same things, so I scrapped it and just decided to write an enormous list of things that make me happy. These things include;

Windmills, cups of tea, lighthouses, bacon sandwiches, jigsaw puzzles, short shorts, Mondays, pulled pork, folding towels, grip ball, guys in V-neck tee's, white choc mocha's, chip sanga's, budgies, David Duchovny... (I think you get the picture)

Somehow I've managed to fill half an exercise book on things that make me happy. (Okay, there are a few accidental double-ups), but the main thing that I love about this book is every time I'm feeling grumpy, all I have to do is pull it out and read a page or two and I realise that my life is pretty damn good. I know it's a cliché but for anyone who's ever suffered depression, I HIGHLY recommend starting your own one. Nothing makes me feel as good as it does, and sometimes all I need is that little reality check, that yeah, there are amazing things like self-saucing puddings, Harry Potter movie marathons, and lemon tree's that are plentiful out there in my little world. Life is never as bad as it seems.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's a great idea. I think as mums we always have down times that can sometimes seem to last forever, I think I'm going to give this a shot :)
    How good is folding towels! Although I'm a bit pedantic and they have to be folded perfectly with all the corners lined up! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst thing about being a Mum is when you've done a huge, big clean, and you turn around again and the kids have pulled everything out again! Haha. I know sometimes I feel as though it is never ending. Precisely the reason I NEED my happy book ;)

      I also have to have my towels folded perfectly! Hubby doesn't know how to do it properly!

      Delete