Friday 22 August 2014

Bugs!

Hm, seems like I am still working out a few little bugs while working between my laptop, iPad and iPhone. Seems like posts off my phone aren't publishing properly and when I've updated on my laptop they all get muddled around in order! Oh well, I guess it's a bit of a learning curve isn't it?!

We've all been a little stressed here lately, so I've just sat down with a cuppa and lit a Sicilian Lemon and Basil candle (thank you Kmart!) and locked the boys in the Toy Room so I can have 15 minutes to myself. Well okay, I haven't locked them in, but I'm hoping they find something in there to distract themselves for a little while and play nicely. I've been looking at some new crochet projects, (UFO pile, stop looking at me like that! I KNOW I'm easily distracted!) I'd like to do some new coasters for on my desk and in the Sunroom, and I'm umming and ahhing about doing a new market bag. The last one I made is beautiful, but I thought it was way too small when following the pattern so I enlarged it. BIG MISTAKE! The thing is enormous and currently holds my rather large collection of scarves and wraps. That's how big it is! So I think a new one might be on the cards, especially since we are coming into summer now so I don't really have a need for new beanies or scarves. The new Simply Crochet magazine came out yesterday so I'm feeling a little inspired, I hate that stagnant feeling that comes with not accomplishing anything in so long! I keep saying to myself I'll pick up a project when the house is clean, but the jobs are always never ending and I should know by now that I deserve to sit down occasionally for halfa and just bang out some crochet, Mum needs "Me time" too. To be honest, I think the problem is more that when I do decide to take some time out, there are so many different things that I could be doing that I end up doing nothing because I can't decide what would be the best use of my time. I suppose this is a pretty common dilemma among busy parents though, so really I can't complain!

I'm lucky that I love cooking, because I get to work that into my routine every day when I do tea for everyone, it's the break at the end of a hectic day when the kids either sit on the bench and help me out or go and play together while I get on with it. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't find joy in cooking! Anyway, my quiet 15 minutes is up, I can hear one child jumping on something he shouldn't be and the other one is starting a coughing fit. Have a fab day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment